Your Guide to Finding the Best Real Estate Agent
How do you find the best real estate agent for your needs especially if you are looking for houses for sale in indianapolis? There are a lot of agents to choose from, so it can be tough. Whether you’re looking to buy or sell a home, there are many factors that will affect which agent is right for you. We’ve compiled this list of questions that will help in your decision-making process:
1) What kind of property are you buying/selling (single family home, condo, etc)?
2) How much money do I have available?
3) What is my timeline and what stage am I currently at in the process?
Before you start looking though, make sure that you answer the following questions.
– What kind of property am I buying/selling?
– How much money do I have available for either purchase or sale?
– Am I currently in pre-approval mode or is this a conversation with my lender about financing options and rates?
Once you’ve answered these three important questions, then it’s time to look at your timeline and what stage are you currently at in the process. Knowing which one applies will help determine any necessary steps needed for hiring an agent. For example: if you’re just starting out on your home search – which we recommend including relevant information like number of bedrooms desired (not a must), location, and other things that help narrow down the search – then you’re in “finding an agent” mode.
The next step would be to compile a list of agents and do your homework on each one, looking at their reviews and taking note of any suggestions for other clients as well.
– Are these people happy? Did they have good experiences with this guy/gal? Is my budget within the range that he or she’s able to represent me (and understand)? These are all questions worth asking before making any offers!
Once you’ve narrowed it down to two or three potential real estate agents, I recommend following up with them personally either by phone call or email to see if there’s time for a meeting first face-to-face.…